Extended Holiday Australia

Working Holiday Visa

Subclass 417

Visa Subclass 417 is available to eligible passport holders from;

  • Belgium

  • Canada

  • Republic of Cyprus

  • Denmark

  • Estonia

  • Finland

  • France

  • Germany

  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)

  • Republic of Ireland

  • Italy

  • Japan

  • Republic of Korea

  • Malta

  • Netherlands

  • Norway

  • Sweden

  • Taiwan

  • United Kingdom.

 Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered eligible for application:

  • hold a passport issued by an eligible country or region

  • be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of application lodgment

  • not have accompanying dependent children

  • meet health, character and financial requirements

  • not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa

  • be outside Australia at the time of application (and when the visa is granted)

  • apply within 12 months of intended travel to Australia. 

A second visa application may be made by those people who have done specified work in an eligible regional Australian area for a minimum of three months (88 days) while on their first Working Holiday visa. The requirements are the same as for the first visa, except that applications can be made while the applicant is either in or outside Australia. Applicants must have evidence of their specified work and they may be asked to provide police clearances for the time spent in Australia.

Applicants who are granted a visa can:

  • enter Australia within 12 months of the first visa being granted  

  • stay in Australia for up to 12 months from when first enter Australia (a further 12 months' stay is possible if applicants qualify for a second Working Holiday visa)

  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid

  • work in Australia for up to six months with each employer

  • study for up to four months.

We're the people you are looking for to assist with your Migration needs. For a confidential consultation: