Tourist Visa - Subclass 676

This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and/or friends. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three months.
This visa is available to all passport holders who are:

  • outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia

  • in Australia and want to extend your stay as a visitor.

If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entry to Australia for a stay period of up to three, six or 12 months.
The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances.
Certain tourists are also eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). To be eligible to apply for this, you must:

  • be outside Australia

  • hold an ETA eligible passport

This is the list of eligible passports to apply for an ETA through a travel agent, airline, specialist service provider or an Australian visa office outside Australia.

  • Andorra

  • Austria

  • Belgium

  • Brunei

  • Canada

  • Denmark

  • Finland

  • France

  • Germany

  • Greece

  • Hong Kong (SAR)#

  • Iceland

  • Ireland

  • Italy

  • Japan

  • Liechtenstein

  • Luxembourg

  • Malaysia

  • Malta

  • Monaco

  • The Netherlands

  • Norway

  • Portugal

  • Republic of San Marino

  • Singapore

  • South Korea

  • Spain

  • Sweden

  • Switzerland

  • Taiwan*

  • United Kingdom - British Citizen

  • United Kingdom - British National (overseas)

  • United States of America

  • Vatican City  

# A Hong Kong Document of Identity (HKDI) cannot be used to apply for an ETA. Residents of Hong Kong require a citizen passport to apply for this visa.
 * Holders of Taiwan passports can only be processed for an ETA if residing and applying in Taiwan. Applications can be lodged with an approved ETA Travel Agent in Taiwan or Australian Visa Services office in Taipei.
This is the list of eligible passports to apply for an ETA online.

  • Brunei

  • Canada

  • Hong Kong (SAR)

  • Japan

  • Malaysia

  • Singapore

  • South Korea

  • United States of America

European passport holders who are eligible to apply for an ETA through a travel agent, airline or specialist service provider should apply for an eVisitor if applying online.