Subclass 651 Visa

The Subclass 651 visa allows people to visit Australia for business/tourism purposes. These visas are designed for holiday or recreational purposes only.

It is vital to understand you are NOT allowed to work while a holder of the subclass 651 visa.

You can apply for an eVisitor online and you must be outside of Australia when applying. There is no fee for an eVisitor application.

The eVisitor visa allows you to:

  • enter Australia for up to three months at once during the 12 months from when your eVisitor is approved;

  • visit family/friends in Australia;

  • study in Australia for a maximum of three months in certain circumstances;

  • engage in business visitor activities including;

    • making general business or employment enquiries

    • investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract

    • activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit

    • participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for you participation.

  • You might be able to work as a volunteer if:

  • your main purpose in visiting Australia is tourism and the voluntary work is incidental to tourism

  • the work is genuinely voluntary and there is no payment for it, other than for meals, accommodation or out of pocket living expenses

  • the work would not otherwise be done in return for wages by an Australian resident


In order to apply for an eVisitor visa, you must hold a passport from one of the following eligible countries:

  • Andorra

  • Austria

  • Belgium

  • Bulgaria

  • Croatia

  • Cyprus

  • Czech Republic

  • Denmark

  • Estonia

  • Finland

  • France

  • Germany

  • Greece

  • Hungary

  • Iceland

  • Ireland

  • Italy

  • Latvia

  • Liechtenstein

  • Lithuania

  • Luxembourg

  • Malta

  • Monaco

  • The Netherlands

  • Norway

  • Poland

  • Portugal

  • Romania

  • Republic of San Marino

  • Slovak Republic

  • Slovenia

  • Spain

  • Sweden

  • Switzerland

  • United Kingdom – British Citizen

  • Vatican City.

NOTE: Only British Citizens can apply for eVisitor visas. You cannot apply if you are a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport.

You must also meet health and character requirements.


We're the people you are looking for to assist with your Migration needs. For a confidential consultation: