This visa is used to allow the child of a partner visa holder to enter Australia to live with their parent.  This allows the child to remain onshore with the parent and to be included in the permanent residence visa application for the partner visa.


This visa is lodged onshore or offshore and is used to include a minor dependent child who was included in the provisional partner visa file as a non migrating dependent to be reunited with their parent in Australia and to be included in the Permanent Resident Partner Visa.  The child is entitled to live, work and study in Australia and is entitled to Medicare benefits when onshore.

The child must be a minor child or dependent child of the provisional partner visa holder and must be granted the visa prior to being added to the permanent partner visa application.

The applicant is also required to have the consent of the other parent if the child is under the age of 18.  The applicant is required to meet health requirements.  If the applicant is 16 or older, then the applicant is also required to meet character requirements. There are exceptions to age and dependency, depending on certain circumstances.

The sponsor is required to lodge a sponsorship and show that they are of good character and can support the applicant if required.  There are limitations on sponsorship and the sponsor must be aware of these prior to lodging the sponsorship application.


Once the visa is approved the applicant is classed as a provisional resident and is entitled to full work and study rights. The applicant will be entitled to be added to the Permanent Partner Visa application as a dependent applicant and will become a permanent resident on grant of the Permanent Partner Visa.  The applicant must maintain residence status and good character to be able to qualify for Citizenship.